Join the Spotify-Forum downline... earn a free iPh...

How To: Install Spotify on Kindle Fire

For discussion or queries on the Spotify Mobile application for iPhone and Android.
SONOS Bridge
Wireless Music Solution

Connect your SONOS Bridge to your router to create an instant, wireless music network throughout your house.

Compatible with Spotify, Napster, Deezer, Last.fm, Wolfgang's Vault...

How To: Install Spotify on Kindle Fire

Postby superslacker87 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:30 am

If you were like me and frustrated that Spotify wasn't available in the Amazon Appstore (yet anyway, not sure if it will be in the future), don't fret. Here's how to do it.

The Short Method:
  1. Tap on the icon in the top-right corner that resembles a sprocket (or snowflake, if you prefer).
  2. Tap More.
  3. Tap Device.
  4. Tap to change "Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources" from off to on.
  5. Open your browser and navigate to http://www.2shared.com/file/uyovLzoz/Spotify-41200180.html
  6. Download the Spotify APK file
  7. Tap the number in the top to bring down a window showing completed tasks
  8. Tap the Spotify APK file and follow the instructions.
  9. Log in and enjoy Spotify.

If you would rather get the Spotify APK yourself, here are the instructions for creating the backup from an existing Android installation, such as your phone or other tablet with access to the Android Market:
  1. Download and install Astro File Manager from the market.
  2. Download and install Spotify
  3. Open Astro File Manager and choose "Application Backup."
  4. Scroll to find Spotify and tap to select it.
  5. Tap Backup.
  6. Open your preferred email app and compose an email to yourself to an account you have setup on your kindle.
  7. Attach the spotify APK file that was generated. It is in /mnt/sdcard/backups/apps
  8. Send it to your email.
  9. Download the attachment and install.

Incidentally, the above method for creating APK files will work for any app in the Android market that you did not have to actually pay money for, so if there is anything else in the app store you want, there's a good way to get it.
superslacker87

Spotify Premium member

Re: How To: Install Spotify on Kindle Fire

Postby monstermanual on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:48 pm

This is how to install Spotify, but even after installing it this way, the app does not work correctly. The Fire controls at the bottom of the screen cover up the Spotify controls and there is no way to hide them, so you cannot pause or skip tracks. Does anyone know a way around this?
monstermanual

Spotify Premium member

Postby superslacker87 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm

The only thing I can find to do is exit the app entirely, sadly. It's not perfect.
superslacker87

Spotify Premium member

Postby dylanjone on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:41 am

Thank you very much. I will try.....

If you were like me and frustrated that Spotify wasn't available in the Amazon Appstore (yet anyway, not sure if it will be in the future), don't fret. Here's how to do it.

The Short Method:
  1. Tap on the icon in the top-right corner that resembles a sprocket (or snowflake, if you prefer).
  2. Tap More.
  3. Tap Device.
  4. Tap to change "Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources" from off to on.
  5. Open your browser and navigate to http://www.2shared.com/file/uyovLzoz/Spotify-41200180.htmlkindle-fire-case

If you would rather get the Spotify APK yourself, here are the instructions for creating the backup from an existing Android installation, such as your phone or other tablet with access to the Android Market:
  5. Tap Backup.
  6. Open your preferred email app and compose an email to yourself to an account you have setup on your kindle.
  7. Attach the spotify APK file that was generated. It is in /mnt/sdcard/backups/apps

Incidentally, the above method for creating APK files will work for any app in the Android market that you did not have to actually pay money for, so if there is anything else in the app store you want, there's a good way to get it.
dylanjone

Postby goody94 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 am

I keep getting error message - unable to parse and unable to open file - any suggestions?
goody94

Spotify Premium member

Postby rwolsey on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 am

I'm getting the same error message. Please help!
rwolsey

Spotify Premium member

Postby jordanpotash on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 pm

I had the same problem initially, but it works if you use the external mirror download at http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload/Spotify-Mobile-Android-Download-86989.html.
jordanpotash

Spotify Premium member

Postby tonybosell on Thu May 31, 2012 4:36 am

superslacker87 wrote:If you were like me and frustrated that Spotify wasn't available in the Amazon Appstore (yet anyway, not sure if it will be in the future), don't fret. Here's how to do it.

The Short Method:
  2. Tap More.
  3. Tap Device.
  5. Open your browser and navigate to http://www.2shared.com/file/uyovLzoz/Spotify-41200180.html

5. Tap Backup.

I have read you information. Thanks for your information and After reading your information, I have try it but I have one problem generate like I keep getting error message - unable to parse and unable to open file. So can you help me or any ideas?
mobile signal boosters shop in the market
tonybosell
Spotify Regular

Return to Spotify Mobile