Join the Spotify-Forum downline... earn a free iPh...

Offline Playlists Randomly Unsyncing

For discussion or queries on the Spotify Mobile application for iPhone and Android.
SONOS Bridge
Wireless Music Solution

Connect your SONOS Bridge to your router to create an instant, wireless music network throughout your house.

Compatible with Spotify, Napster, Deezer, Last.fm, Wolfgang's Vault...

Offline Playlists Randomly Unsyncing

Postby ryanclewis on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm

I have an iPhone and recently subscribed to a premium account with Spotify, and it works great most of the time. But occasionally, every single song I've marked to be "Available Offline" will without warning become unsynced. It happens whether or not I'm in "Offline mode" so I really have no idea what's going on. Does anybody know why this happens and/or how I can prevent it?
ryanclewis

Spotify Premium member

Re: Offline Playlists Randomly Unsyncing

Postby RonnyKhalil on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 pm

I am having the same problem. It took my iphone about an hour to download about 250 songs from my offline playlists (which is way faster than i could have hoped for.) That night i listened to the offline playlists for a while on the subway with no problems. By the next morning, all 250 songs were no longer available offline.

Please help!
RonnyKhalil

Spotify Premium member

Postby shoplifter on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

This is really annoying! I have 560 tracks which I'm now syncing to my iPod for the second time in less than 20 hours. It takes about 3 hours each time :-(
If I wasn't paying for the service I wouldn't be so annoyed. :evil:
And it is no longer possible to create play lists on the latest iPod/iPhone version :evil: (I guess there is another forum post for that)

I work for a sw testing company - Obviously is Spotify NOT using our, or ANY of our competitor's services...
Maybe it is time they do, if they want to keep their paying customers.
shoplifter

Spotify Premium member

Postby Maxdoro on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 pm

I have exactly the same issue with my Spotify Premium och my iPhone 4.

Today, I was simply waiting for the bus, I started playing a song (in offline mode, from a playlist that I had synced) And when that song was finished... silence... So I thought I had accidentally chosen the last song in my playlist, I checked it out, and all my synced songs were gone.

My girlfriend has also experienced the same problem on her iPhone 3G, also with Spotify Premium.
Two days ago all her synced songs just un-synced themselves... And when she synced them back up, they un-synced themselves just a couple of hours later, so yesterday she synced them all again and today they are gone.

Could someone at Spotify look into the problem please?

I am currently syncing my songs to my phone, and in case they un-sync again, I'll leave a message here again.

Appreciate any help.
Maxdoro

Spotify Premium member

Postby Maxdoro on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Happened once again today

Put my shoes on and stepped out, put on a song and at the end of that song, all my playlists were un-synced...
Maxdoro

Spotify Premium member

Postby digitrip on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 am

Same here, but I was in the middle of playing a frickin song on my iPhone 4 and then it just stopped. Looked down, all playlists were unavailable.... :evil:
digitrip

Spotify Premium member

Postby teamcooperuk on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:26 pm

I've started the iPhone app today to find that I have the complete opposite - ALL playlists have somehow been marked as available offline. Clearly this causes me a problem as I don't have the space on my iPhone.

Plus, whislt this has happened the app is largely unresponsive and very slow in reacting.

If I delete the app and re-download it, will it forget which playlists are marked as being available offline?
teamcooperuk

Postby suesswaffle on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 pm

This is happening on the android app as well. I just put 250 songs so I could have music when I go out, waited around to finish it instead of getting on with my life, and within an hour, no music.

It would be great if someone who worked at spotify at least commented on this thread to let us know they are looking into the problem.
suesswaffle

Spotify Free member

Postby jwn on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 am

Hey there, anybody get a fix to this problem? experiencing the same issue with premium. thanks
jwn

Spotify Premium member

Postby scavengercat on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 am

Same problem here. I was losing offline sync four or five times a day - would change settings and sync again, only to have tracks disappear. Bought a new memory card and was able to save songs for 24 hours, then lost everything. Offline mode is the only reason I signed up for the service - sucks that it's this unreliable.
scavengercat

Spotify Premium member

Next

Return to Spotify Mobile