Can I export Playlists as text?

Got a query about installing or using Spotify? This is the place to post your Spotify support queries.

Can I export Playlists as text?

Postby charlie on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Just tried copy-pasting my playlist songs to a mail to show a mate I was listening to free over spotify. Just came up with links. :cry:

Can I export my playlist as text (artist & sing title)?

charlie
Spotify Regular

Re: Can I export Playlists as text?

Postby beachy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi Charlie,

I have had a go and hit the same problem as you. The only way I found to do it was to print screen and paste that into an email.

Not very tidy I know but the best I can come up with at the moment!

I guess they will add some more functionality in the next realease! Well I hope so!

Take it easy

beachy
Spotify Fanatic!

Spotify Free member

Postby grahamt on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:51 pm

You can indeed export your playlists. With the playlist selected in Spotify, click the first track and then go down the list to the end and click the last track, whilst holding down the shift key. The entire track listing will now be highlighted. Right-click the selection and a pop-up selection list will appear. From that list you have two options, Copy HTTP link and Copy Spotify URI. The first will give you an HTTP URL for the track on Spotify, which you can select going via your browser. The second will enable the track to be directly launched in the copy of Spotify installed on your computer. You can now paste either selection to a document such as an OpenOffice Text document, which supports hyperlinking.

For further information see: http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/20 ... o-spotify/
grahamt

Postby tezdread on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:39 pm

There is an easy way to get a list of your artists\tracks in a playlist

Open MS Word or Google Doc's (notepad\word pad wont work)
Select all tracks in Spotify playlist
Drag all selected files from Spotify to your Word\Docs program
This will give you: Artist - Title as a list...and that's it!

Edit: To Remove the hyperlinks in MS Word, Select all listings (CTRL+A) Then hold down CTRL+SHIFT & Press F9
tezdread

Spotify Free member

Return to Spotify Help and Support