Spotify.com is down.... don't panic!

Not certain where else to post? Then this is probably the right forum!
Please only post Spotify related posts here. Non-Spotify posts should be made in the Off Topic forum.
SONOS Bridge
Wireless Music Solution

Connect your SONOS Bridge to your router to create an instant, wireless music network throughout your house.

Compatible with Spotify, Napster, Deezer, Last.fm, Wolfgang's Vault...

Spotify.com is down.... don't panic!

Postby James on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm

We've had a huge influx of traffic to the forum in the last 15 minutes as a result of Spotify.com being down.... don't panic, all sites suffer downtime from time to time.

I've not got any special information to share, but anyone from Spotify is welcome to share any information here that they have... in the meanwhile, the Spotify app seems to be working fine, so let's all listen to some calming music, and wait for Spotify.com to return ;)

James
Site Admin

Spotify Free member

Re: Spotify.com is down.... don't panic!

Postby beachy on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi,

Just thought I would add to this post that my Spotify app has stopped working!

I am getting "Unable to connect to Spotify. Trying to connect ... (Error Code 0)

Has anyone else got problems??

beachy
Spotify Fanatic!

Spotify Free member

Postby steffe2 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

beachy wrote:Hi,

Just thought I would add to this post that my Spotify app has stopped working!

I am getting "Unable to connect to Spotify. Trying to connect ... (Error Code 0)

Has anyone else got problems??

Hi!
I have the same problem: "Unable to connect to Spotify. Trying to connect ... (Error Code 0)
And spotify-web the same, no connection there.
/Steffe
steffe2

Postby beachy on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:13 pm

I am glad I am not the only one with the app not working!

I only tried about 30mins ago so I am not sure how long it hasnt been working for!

Not sure if the problem is geographical as the James the site admin seems to still have a working app!

I am based down in Devon, (SW England for the international guys!)

beachy
Spotify Fanatic!

Spotify Free member

Postby James on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks for your update Steffe and beachy, it looks like some users can access, but some can't when it comes to the Spotify application. Spotify.com though is universally unavailable.

I can assure people (much as it won't make anything better) that I can access Spotify music in the application (and I'm also in the UK, and have no special access)... I just seem to be lucky enough to be impacted so little (no doubt people with working access probably haven't noticed all todays excitement!) so it must be a network infrastructure issue, localised to the web server and some music distribution nodes, I assume.

James
Site Admin

Spotify Free member

Postby James on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Spotify have acknowledged the issue and are working to resolve things asap.

2010-02-20:
Spotify is currently having network problems and are working on it as fast as we can to resolve it and get online again.

James
Site Admin

Spotify Free member

Postby makkedude on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Greetings!.. Any progress on fixing the downtime? :oops:

I'm evering to download the client on my new PC!..
makkedude

Postby James on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Downtime continues, and Spotify are not currently providing any outlook on restoration of service. This is a worryingly large outage in my opinion. Working in the IT industry myself, I'd expect splash pages up on Spotify.com by now at least. It maybe that the Spotify technical team is worried more about the core problem than getting communication to users though.

Not wanting to rub salt into wounds, just point at the quirk that my Spotify is still working... I don't dare logout as I assume it maybe the login service that's causing issues with the application itself (may go through the same login service as the website). Is anyone logged into Spotify ok, but unable to play music? If so, my assumption maybe wrong.

btw, we're getting a ton of non-members reading this forum, so it seems a good time to encourage you all to consider joining the forum. We're a Spotify user run forum, so you get an unbiased view on music and Spotify itself. We aim at building a community around Spotify. You'd be most welcome to share your views on music and Spotify in the forum. You can register here.

James
Site Admin

Spotify Free member

Postby thebuck on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey James, I'm logged in, can see all my playlist's etc, but can't play anything!

Same error code as the guys above...
thebuck

Postby thebuck on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Ah now back ONLINE!!

Logged in and streaming! Sweet!
thebuck

Next

Return to General (Spotify related)